ICAN! Trainings and Resources
Welcome! Below you will find courses and resources specifically designed for you. All courses can be completed at your own pace, and can be broken up into “bite size” intervals. If you need to step away, just come back when you can. All lessons and videos will resume where you left off.
The following course certificates are available for our Foundational Webinar:
- CME/CEU 1.5 contact hours
- Certificate of Completion
We’d love to hear from you. If there is any additional training you would like us to provide please email us at email@example.com.
Please click on the link for the certificate you need below. After completing the course evaluation, you will be able to save and print your certificate.
Expanding Access & Coverage
Billing & Coding
Learning Series 2022: Improving Quality & Expanding Access
Printable Birth Control Method Chart
This easy-to-use chart, available in both English and Spanish, supports quality, client-centered contraceptive counseling conversations between providers and clients.
Download the PDF HERE
Phone Job Aid
Contraceptive Counseling and Education eLearning
CEUs Offered: 3 contact hours 1) Accurately describe the full range of contraceptive methods 2) Elicit client preferences about contraceptive methods 3) Use client-centered counseling techniques to help clients identify a method that best fits their needs and preferences
Using a Patient-Centered Framework
1) Describe how to apply principles of shared decision-making to contraceptive counseling 2) Describe techniques to present scientific data with clarity, using a patient-centered approach 3) Discuss how to address common challenging scenarios in contraceptive counseling
Same Day Placement of LARC: Solutions to Common Barriers
1) Explain bleeding changes associated with each LARC method 2) Demonstrate familiarity with use of the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use 3) Identify testing required prior to LARC placement 4) Describe barriers and solutions to same-day placement of LARC methods
Introduction to the Quality Family Planning Recommendations eLearning
CEUs Offered: 1 contact hour 1) Explain the purpose of the QFP Recommendations 2) Describe the scope of family planning, related preventive health, and other preventive services as outlined in the QFP 3) Put into practice the quality counseling principles outlined in the QFP
How to use the PATH Framework to Discuss Reproductive Goals with Patients
PATH Questions: 1) Do you think you might like to have (more) children at some point? 2) When do you think that might be? 3) How important is it to you to prevent pregnancy (until then)?
Practical and Sustainable Steps for Address Bias in Contraceptive Care
1) Describe how bias may impact patients’ experience of care 2) Demonstrate practical strategies to mitigate the impacts of bias 3) Utilize patient-centered counseling approaches to support patients who want contraception access information about the full range of options and select their method of choice
Updates in Contraception
CEUs Offered: 1 contact hours 1) Identify birth control methods coming to market 2) Describe how long patients can safely use LARC methods 3) Explain what new methods are currently under study
Contraceptive Access Change Package
1) Support sites with development of a comprehensive strategy to improve contraceptive access 2) Identify the 4 best practices based on a review of the literature and established guidelines
Trauma-Informed Care with Adolescent Patients
1) Describe how to apply 1) Explain the multifaceted definition of trauma-informed care 2) Define trauma, identify potentially traumatic events, and give examples of the range of experiences that can cause trauma 3) Explain the significance of trauma in health care, and identify components of a health care visit that could be perceived as dangerous for traumatized adolescents
1) Demonstrate strategies for IUD and implant device insertion and removal, including difficult cases 2) Demonstrate instructing patients to self-administer DMPA-SChttps://www.envisionsrh.com/path-flow-chart-tool