CHIP (Illinois All Kids)
What is CHIP (Illinois All Kids) coverage?
The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) is a national public health insurance program that provides comprehensive health coverage at no cost to you. In Illinois, this program is called Illinois All Kids.
Am I eligible to get CHIP coverage?
You do NOT have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for CHIP / Illinois All Kids. To be eligible, you MUST:
- Be 18 years old or younger
- Have a certain yearly household income
- Have a physical mailing address in Illinois (can’t be a P.O. box)
- Involve a parent or guardian in the CHIP / Illinois All Kids application process
What can I get with CHIP coverage?
With CHIP / Illinois All Kids coverage, you can get:
- Any birth control method of your choice at no cost to you
- Health care visits at no cost to you
- Prescriptions at no cost to you
Will my parent or guardian know if I use CHIP / Illinois All Kids to get birth control?
In Illinois, anyone ages 12 and older can get birth control and STD/STI testing and treatment on their own, without the need to involve a parent or guardian.
If you want birth control and you’d rather not involve a parent or guardian, you can see if you qualify for the Family Planning SPA starting December 1, 2022. The Family Planning SPA provides family planning benefits such as birth control to people of all ages, and does not require the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Apply for CHIP In Person (Find a Location)
Explore more health coverage programs
Get help signing up!
We offer confidential support to help you figure out
which program is right for you.