Illinois All Kids
What is Illinois All Kids coverage?
All Kids is Illinois’ program for children who need comprehensive, affordable, health insurance, regardless of immigration status or health condition.
Am I eligible to get Illinois All Kids coverage?
You do NOT have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for Illinois All Kids. To be eligible, you MUST:
- Be 18 years old or younger
- Have a certain yearly household income
- Have a physical mailing address in Illinois (can’t be a P.O. box)
- Involve a parent or guardian in the Illinois All Kids application process
What can I get with Illinois All Kids coverage?
With Illinois All Kids coverage, you can get:
- Any birth control method of your choice at no cost to you
- Health care visits at no cost to you
- Prescriptions at no cost to you
Will my parent or guardian know if I use Illinois All Kids to get birth control?
In Illinois, anyone ages 12 and older can get birth control and STD/STI testing and treatment on their own, without the need to involve a parent or guardian.
If you want birth control and you’d rather not involve a parent or guardian at all, you can see if you qualify for the Family Planning SPA. The Family Planning SPA provides family planning benefits such as birth control to people of all ages, and does not require the involvement of a parent or guardian for care.
Note: You DO need a parent or guardian to apply for Illinois All Kids, but once your application is accepted your care is confidential.