Learn more and stay up to date with the latest resources on contraceptive care delivery.
Now more than ever, people need to be able to access their birth control method of choice.
ICAN! has developed a 1-page resource for providers on navigating reproductive health care post-Roe.
Contraceptive Counseling and Education eLearning
CEUs Offered: 3 contact hours
- Accurately describe the full range of contraceptive methods
- Elicit client preferences about contraceptive methods
- Use client-centered counseling techniques to help clients identify a method that best fits their needs and preferences
Same Day Placement of LARC: Solutions to Common Barriers
- Explain bleeding changes associated with each LARC method
- Demonstrate familiarity with use of the U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use
- Identify testing required prior to LARC placement
- Describe barriers and solutions to same-day placement of LARC methods
Introduction to the Quality Family Planning Recommendations eLearning
CEUs Offered: 1 contact hour
- Explain the purpose of the QFP Recommendations
- Describe the scope of family planning, related preventive health, and other preventive services as outlined in the QFP
- Put into practice the quality counseling principles outlined in the QFP
Practical and Sustainable Steps for Address Bias in Contraceptive Care
- Describe how bias may impact patients’ experience of care
- Demonstrate practical strategies to mitigate the impacts of bias
- Utilize patient-centered counseling approaches to support patients who want contraception access information about the full range of options and select their method of choice
Trauma-Informed Care with Adolescent Patients
- Describe how to apply
- Explain the multifaceted definition of trauma-informed care
- Define trauma, identify potentially traumatic events, and give examples of the range of experiences that can cause trauma
- Explain the significance of trauma in health care, and identify components of a health care visit that could be perceived as dangerous for traumatized adolescents
ICAN! Training & Resources
Learn About TRUER Care
Explore what TRUER care means, and how TRUER care trainings can improve the patient experience.
View Available Courses & Trainings
Find ICAN!’s foundational training and other webinars on contraceptive counseling, expanded coverage, billing & coding and more!