Modern, Patient-Centered, Contraceptive Care ~ Webinar
Time to complete ~ 90 minutes
The past 60 years have witnessed a steady progress in contraceptive options. In this ICAN! Foundational Webinar, Dr. Caroline Hoke, Chief Clinical Officer of Erie Family Health Centers, reviews the full spectrum of contraceptive methods available today, their attributes, and strategies to help people find a method that meets their needs.
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the concepts of reproductive life planning and patient-centered contraceptive counseling
- Demonstrate how to identify patients’ reproductive intentions
- Demonstrate how to identify what attributes of a contraceptive method are important to the patient
- Demonstrate how to assure informed decision-making while prioritizing patient values and autonomy
- Explain the range of contraceptive methods available in the US and how they relate to patient preferences and values
- Identify barriers to self-determination and autonomy in contraception provision / access
This program has been reviewed and approved to provide 1.5 contact/clock hours by the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois.
Continuing medical education hours (CMEs) are provided by the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois as an Illinois Licensed Continuing Medical Education Sponsor, License #204000006.